Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Shopping lists

The girls actually quite enjoy supermarket shopping with me but we still have the odd times of meltdown and boredom.
I used to let the children hold my list for me but then I found it was retracing my steps trying to find the dropped list! Then I progressed to letting my eldest carry her little plastic shopping basket. This of course then meant that little Lucy wanted one too! Needless to say they both ended up with their baskets.
I could see though that the novelty of this was wearing off so decided to take it a step further by giving the girls their own shopping lists.
Theses are just simple hand drawn pictures for them to find whilst making our way round the isles. If you had more time or decided drawing wasn't your thing then you could find pictures off the internet to print out.
 
  

Knowing the layout of the supermarket I try to spread out the items they need to look for so that it keeps them interested through out the whole trip.
This has been a huge hit with the girls and they do look very sweet searching out the items on their lists. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment